How can I create a new company file in QuickBooks based on an existing company file?

dosede4364
New Contributor II

Hey everyone, I'm trying to create a new QuickBooks company file from an existing one but keep getting stuck. I followed the standard steps but am unsure if I'm missing something critical. Has anyone else faced this? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gevewo3041
New Contributor II

Intuit Helpline Number +1(800)-845-9666.png

To create a new company file in QuickBooks based on an existing one, open QuickBooks and go to "File" then select "New Company from Existing Company File." Choose the company file you want to copy and follow the prompts. This creates a new file with similar settings, but without transaction history. Make sure to rename it to avoid confusion between the files.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

gevewo3041
New Contributor II

Intuit Helpline Number +1(800)-845-9666.png

To create a new company file in QuickBooks based on an existing one, open QuickBooks and go to "File" then select "New Company from Existing Company File." Choose the company file you want to copy and follow the prompts. This creates a new file with similar settings, but without transaction history. Make sure to rename it to avoid confusion between the files.