Search for service area

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I enabled this feature thinking it would be good for CSRs/Dispatcher to verify if new calling customers were within our service area, so I set up the zones, with zip coded, city names, etc, and turns out this feature wont allow you to book calls on exiting customer. Wish this feature had more flexibility, seems like it could be a great tool for CSR/Dispatchers that may be new to the company, industry or unfamiliar with the area, or if you hire a remote CSR/Dispatcher, this will help them sort out if customer should or should not be booked. 

How do you prevent CSR/Dispatchers booking calls outside your zones? In-house training and maps help but in large cities like Phoenix /Valley can get tricky

2 REPLIES 2

MadisonChicken

I don't think I knew this feature existed! But very cool. So question on this. For Phoenix you wouldn't just go to the entire city of Phoenix then correct? Just specific zip codes? Am I understand that correctly? Just want to make sure before I give you an idea that won't work! 

Thanks 🙂

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

Chayo80

We service a lot of Phoenix and surrounding cities , we can't take new customers in West Side, like Sun City West, and/or way far South East, like San Tan Valley or Florence. With the growth Phoenix has had, it just not feasible/profitable with gas prices. What I did is, I created a "zone" called NO NEW CUSTOMERS  and added all the zip codes we don't want to service, this allows me to book calls on existing customer. It is not what I was looking for, but its a way around the limited feature . Just wish the feature would allow me to set up parameters so CSR do not book new customers that are outside our service area. The problem is that, now the CSR has to put in the zip code and verify that the it falls on the zone "no new customers", but they can bypass this and book it. Before, if the zip code is not in the zones, the system wont let you book, but doesn't make exceptions for existing customers.