Technician Business Unit

tania
New Contributor II

It is required for implementing capacity planning to have technicians assigned to a business unit but when I go into tech settings, there is no option to select a business unit? Is there a different place where this is done?

Selena Mackay
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tania
New Contributor II

It looks like we had a different screen to edit this in under "operations" there was a "technician capacity planning" where we could enter in the tech's availability and select the business unit. 

Selena Mackay

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tania
New Contributor II

It looks like we had a different screen to edit this in under "operations" there was a "technician capacity planning" where we could enter in the tech's availability and select the business unit. 

Selena Mackay

tania
New Contributor II

Hi, that is where I was looking but unfortunately, it looks like we do not have a box for business unit. 

image.png

Selena Mackay

thaggerty
New Contributor II

Make sure you have permissions set to allow you to edit the technician profile.

Go to Settings > People > Employees > Choose your name to Edit > Permissions > Scroll down to Payroll & Admin and look for Edit employee / technician.  If it is not checked, you will need to have an Admin update that for you in order to allow it.

tania
New Contributor II

Great idea, I did check and that permission is already selected. I will contact our onboarding team and see if they can find a solution. 

Selena Mackay

J9Scott
New Contributor II

Hi, In our system we can go to the Settings, People, Technicians - then click on the tech, over to the right under Role - the next box is Business Unit  (under the Profile part of Edit Technician).  I hope this will help.