Credit Card Fees

Denee
New Contributor

As of today, Canadian businesses are legally permitted to charge credit card processing fees for customers using credit cards for purchases. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/credit-card-surcharge-shop-1.6606997 I am looking for a way I can have this automatically added to invoices. e.g. an "if, then, else" statement that automatically adds a percentage to the invoice total, if the payment type selected is a credit card. 

9 REPLIES 9

jhiner
New Contributor II

This has been posted as an idea...if you have not voted on it...go do it so it will work its way into future solution. Here is the link: https://community.servicetitan.com/t5/Ideas/bd-p/ideas

jhiner
New Contributor II

Use COMMUNITY-I-117 to find idea

danieljr921
New Contributor II

How do I get to discounts and fees function?

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If you don't already have that config turned on, you'll have to speak to your CSM!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

This is not a feature that exists right now. Your techs would have to manually add the fee. You can share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so we can upvote your idea!

At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

How would the tech manually add the fee?

JessicaSmith

If you are using the discounts & fees function, you can create a fee for a percentage. When the tech finds the customer is using a card they could add the "Credit Card Fee" for whatever percentage you've determined and it will increase the invoice.

I will wait for Denee to add the idea and then add my vote! Thanks!

vha9215
New Contributor II

Yes, we are Canadian business and also looking at this today. Following.