How Can I Delete Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?

docaf47384
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m dealing with some duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop and need help removing them. What’s the best way to identify and delete these duplicates without affecting my financial records? Any step-by-step guidance or tips on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adamsandler67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

To delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Banking menu, then select Reconcile or Bank Feeds Center.

2. Locate the Duplicate Transactions: Use the Register or Banking Center to find duplicates. Sort by date or amount to help identify them.

3. Select the Duplicate Transactions: Click on the duplicate entry to highlight it.

4. Delete the Duplicate: Right-click the transaction and select Delete or press the Delete key on your keyboard.

5. Confirm Deletion: Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to delete the transaction.

6. Reconcile Your Accounts: Ensure your accounts balance correctly after deletion.

Always back up your QuickBooks file before making changes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

adamsandler67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

To delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Banking menu, then select Reconcile or Bank Feeds Center.

2. Locate the Duplicate Transactions: Use the Register or Banking Center to find duplicates. Sort by date or amount to help identify them.

3. Select the Duplicate Transactions: Click on the duplicate entry to highlight it.

4. Delete the Duplicate: Right-click the transaction and select Delete or press the Delete key on your keyboard.

5. Confirm Deletion: Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to delete the transaction.

6. Reconcile Your Accounts: Ensure your accounts balance correctly after deletion.

Always back up your QuickBooks file before making changes.