API Create Note & Assign createdById

dfoshee79
New Contributor

Im able to create notes through the API but when I try to assign a {user_id} to the {createdById} it reverts back to our default company id.  Is this a bug or is it automatically assigned on the ServiceTitan side? 

5 REPLIES 5

dfoshee79
New Contributor

We are adding the notes to the customers location through the API. It would be a nice feature to be able to show the user from our internal system that created the note. I am able to fetch the users information from ServiceTitan and link there id to there account on our internal system. 

Yeah I checked the API documentations and that doesn't seem to be possible. It makes sense from a workflow standpoint though. How would you differentiate (potentially) between a legitimate employee note and an API-entered one? But yeah unfortunately I believe this is working as intended, it's always been the case.

The only API that allows you to modify the creator is task management.

SteveCossette
Contributor II

Where are you adding the notes? Because as far as I know, you can't modify the createdById, records created by the API will always show as created by the "hidden employee" (In our case, it's "nicehomeservices").

I guess the proper question is, "What kind of notes are you adding"? Customer? Location? Jobs?

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @dfoshee79 - welcome to the ServiceTitan Community and congratulations on your first post! 🎉

Let's see if we can get some experts to assist you - @PamDuffy-PCG or @SteveCossette any suggestions? If this is something that should be addressed by Support, just @ mention me and I'll get it escalated.