What Is QuickBooks Error PS058 and How Do I Resolve It?

kakefaj658
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error PS058 while attempting to update payroll. This error seems to be related to payroll subscription issues or data file problems. Could anyone provide guidance on how to fix this? I’ve already tried updating QuickBooks and checking my payroll subscription status but still need help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kimkardashian44
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error PS058 typically occurs during the payroll update process, indicating issues with the payroll service or data. This error prevents users from receiving the latest payroll tax tables and updates, which can disrupt payroll processing.

What are the Causes that Trigger the QuickBooks Error PS058 :

1. Corrupted Payroll Data: Issues with the payroll data files or settings.
  2. Subscription Issues: Problems with the QuickBooks payroll subscription or service status.
  3. Network Problems: Connectivity issues affecting data transmission.

Method to Fix the QuickBooks Error PS058:

1. Verify Subscription Status: Check your payroll subscription status to ensure it’s active and up-to-date.
  2. Update QuickBooks: Ensure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select "Update QuickBooks."
  3. Check Data File: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair any corruption in the data file.
  4. Restart Services: Restart your computer and check your internet connection to resolve any temporary connectivity issues.

If the issue continues, contacting QuickBooks support for detailed troubleshooting may be necessary.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kimkardashian44
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error PS058 typically occurs during the payroll update process, indicating issues with the payroll service or data. This error prevents users from receiving the latest payroll tax tables and updates, which can disrupt payroll processing.

What are the Causes that Trigger the QuickBooks Error PS058 :

1. Corrupted Payroll Data: Issues with the payroll data files or settings.
  2. Subscription Issues: Problems with the QuickBooks payroll subscription or service status.
  3. Network Problems: Connectivity issues affecting data transmission.

Method to Fix the QuickBooks Error PS058:

1. Verify Subscription Status: Check your payroll subscription status to ensure it’s active and up-to-date.
  2. Update QuickBooks: Ensure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select "Update QuickBooks."
  3. Check Data File: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair any corruption in the data file.
  4. Restart Services: Restart your computer and check your internet connection to resolve any temporary connectivity issues.

If the issue continues, contacting QuickBooks support for detailed troubleshooting may be necessary.