Help, my return are ending up in an ON HOLD purgatory

blutz
Contributor III

I'm stuck. When I return inventory using invoice closeout no adjustment is getting made. The inventory gets placed "On Hold" and I can see any way to resolve this. https://youtu.be/i7jJGputVYA 

13 REPLIES 13

MichaelRo
New Contributor

I have a similar issue, So the Requisition was done and the job was closed out, the item still shows on hold even though the job is closed and exported. So now we have 25 requestions with items in hold status and unable to remove them. Do you have a fix so they are no longer in hold status. 

blutz
Contributor III

I think I found the problem. It looks like a UI bug. To make the return work, I had to do it twice. The first time the material comes off the invoice and go "On Hold," and the second time I returned the material and adjusted the warehouse location 

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey Bill video isn't set to share. I tried to recreated, but doing the return to warehouse didn't remove from the invoice on my page, it just says "not enough qty reserved". Had to go to the invoice (not the closeout) and remove the item from the invoice first then do the closeout to return to warehouse.

blutz
Contributor III

Not sure why you are not able to see the Youtube video. Here is an open link from a different platform.

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/IOloHF4jzi7yzwkYeZG1

rstare

Thanks I can watch now - but yeah that variance is key. You've gotta remove off the invoice to begin with- that essentially removes the requsition release. So it's on hold from the req again. At that point do the return to inventory (which is another form of req release). A req will stay in completed status once it hits completed, IE if you undo one of the req releases and refresh, you'll still get the req in completed status. Something we're looking to see if we can update. 

blutz
Contributor III

The UI has issues. The wrong message is n the dialogue box. It should have told me that the 1st return was to bring the material back to the requisition. Not that it is going to create an adjustment. It would be great if it immediately prompted me with an option to return everything back to the warehouse.

The requisition has UI issues too. There should be a way to see the returned material on the requisition.  I know I have count issues because of returns we did before we understood this. I have no way to search for them and I can not see them on the requisition because they still read as fulfilled. 

I do appreciate the progress that has been made in the inventory module. It is getting better every few months. Thank you for all the help. 

rstare

Hi Bill! 

Walking through Requisition process - create requisition for item places the item on hold. Doing invoice closeout creates a requisition release which removes that hold and puts it on the invoice, the invoice places that item on hold based on the job start date (why you don't want to do req release or invoice closeout too far in advanced). Item remains on hold until job is completed and then item is consumed.

You are trying to "undo" the req release, by returning to warehouse which is in and of itself a req release. In order to actually do that, you need to undo the action that the initial closeout/req release did, which was putting the item on the invoice. So go to the invoice, delete 2 qty of that item you want to return, THEN do the return to warehouse and you'll be in the clear.

blutz
Contributor III

Ryan, the items are not on the invoice for me to remove. When the return was initiated they were removed from the invoice but no adjustments was created. The materials we’re placed on hold But I have no idea where that is. 

rstare

Are you sure? Because if they were deleted from the invoice they should show a variance of 2 in that column on the invoice closeout screen. It's showing 0, which makes me think it's still on the invoice.

Also I can tell you for certain that when the return works properly it actually opens an adjustment for you and you have to save it. So you'll definitely know when the adjustment is fully created.

Furthermore, once a req is in completed status it will not change from that - it's a product request I've already made. Figuring out how to do that that won't bog down the system by running req queries every time req action is made.