Inventory Costs in QBD do not update from Service Titan

PCarew01
New Contributor II

We just discovered that Inventory Costs are not updating in Quickbooks Desktop.  This is a huge issue for us.  Seems like a huge flaw with Service Titan.  We have too many items to manually update between both.  How is everyone handling this? 

If doing monthly journal entries, how are you confirming the amounts are accurate?  I can't seem to find a good report for this.  I'm surprised more people aren't having issues with this or maybe they haven't noticed that their inventory and COGS accounts in QB are wrong yet. 

3 REPLIES 3

pmora
New Contributor III

We discovered the same issue while using average costing which we switched over to as soon as that feature became available.  QuickBooks calculates it's own average costing (as it should) as items are exported over which is not the same real-time occurrence as in ST.  I ran some extensive costing reports after the discovery and determined that the difference is minimal overall.  The true job profitability including labor cost is determined in ST, while your financials reflect it's true numbers as they would flowing within QB.  As long as you remain consistent in where you report from, the data remains accurate for each scenario.  In case this matters, we are accrual accounting based. 

PCarew01
New Contributor II

Thanks for the input but our difference is not minimal.  For example, one item that has a $20 cost in ST, is being calculated in QB at $918 for the cost. 

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

@pmora can you help with this? 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating