Inventory Mobile App

zelbur
New Contributor II

When inventory count is submitted through inventory mobile app, is it possible for that to automatically update the quantity in Service Titan? Otherwise there is still a manual step to post an adjustment to update to the counted quantities. 

3 REPLIES 3

ChurchPenguin
New Contributor III

No automatic function for this, since the Review tab allows actual review to catch any errors - especially if there was an error with a higher-dollar material. Maybe the person counting miscounted a material, change the unit of measure from "each" to "box" and now there's a giant discrepancy which, if automatic adjustments were in place, would force the system to request additional stock for an inventory location that does not need it. Hence the need to REVIEW for any possible discrepancies, before the count is actually adjusted.

I had a warehouse support guy that miscounted fuses three times in a row - had I not reviewed this, even prior to the inventory mobile app, this would have increased our on-hand inventory massively and inflate the cost. Conversely, the first time he counted them, it changed between similar materials - the 45-amp fuses were counted per box, but the 20-amp fuses were counted per fuse.... no sense there. So one may have showed fewer materials, creating the opposite discrepancy and indicating I would have to order additional materials. 

You need the review tab specifically to review the counts, otherwise, you're assuming everything is accurate the first time. Think of it more like receiving a PO - you don't just assume the vendor shipped the right amount of each material just because the packing list says so.

zelbur
New Contributor II

Thank you Miranda. Would be great to have this create an adjustment automatically that the office manager approves before it gets posted. There is a lot of double entry and increased data entry error otherwise. 

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I don't believe there is a way to do that as it needs to be approved by an office member.  

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning