PDF Scanning for Purchase Orders

Steve_Silk
New Contributor

Hello!

I think it would be useful to anybody buying on Purchase Orders in Service Titan if there was a tool that would allow you to upload a PDF or Image of a purchase from a vendor, and utilize PDF scanning technology to grab and organize the meaningful text from the document. I know this would save my team a lot of time typing out POs for every single order. They would just have to issue a PO number to the vendor and then upload a picture.

Maybe we could work with the big vendors to make changes to their shipping tickets so that Service Titan could grab the information in a predictable manner.

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but I think with the technology that is available now this should be possible and would have a huge impact on the purchasing experience.

3 REPLIES 3

gotobrandi
Contributor

This would be a great option

Kristin03
New Contributor

I have been looking into something similar to this as well to try to find a way to speed up the process of entering PO line items. I get 60 pages of purchase orders per day on the low end between our 3 main vendors alone so it becomes very time consuming doing so much data entry. Utilizing the replenishment feature helps a lot for one vendor, but doesn't really work for the others. Doesn't leave much time for doing payables, clean-up of unused po's and checking warranty status, or analyzing reports.

AshleyB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

That's a good idea. Make sure to add it to the Ideas tab on the top! 😉