TRACKING vs MANAGING INVENTORY

SheriKro
New Contributor II

We are getting ready to start our onboarding and still haven't decided which way to go on inventory.  We have always done traditional tracking of inventory in the past but it's being recommended to us to go to just managing the inventory.  We have lots of concerns but it may be because it's just new to us and the serialized equipment is also a big concern.   I guess I would just like to hear some opinions of how other HVAC companies or any other companies handle their inventory.  All help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

SteveGant
New Contributor III

Hey @SheriKro not sure if you're still looking for a solution as your post was made awhile back. But my company Ply (getply.com) is an official Gold Partner of ServiceTitan and integrates directly with the platform to help with tracking materials.

With a core focus on inventory management, Ply compliments your ServiceTitan account with:

• on-site auditing services with 1:1 training & continued support
  • mobile app scanning for iOS & Android to track inventory in the warehouse/trucks
  • inventory health insights
  • barcode optionality with print integrations
  • automated pricing data from suppliers with auto Pricebook updates

Happy to share more if interested. 

-Steve

CharlesL2C
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

As an HVAC / Electrical company, we joined ServiceTitan while the inventory module was still in Beta status. We were early adopters of the module and I can tell you it has come a long way.

If inventory management and control are important to you, I suggest utilizing the serialized equipment functionality for sure, and firmly believe having accurate equipment/materials counts, templates, trucks/warehouses etc. setup prior to going live or very soon thereafter will be worth the effort.

It was extremely difficult adding all of the inventory functionality 1-2 years after we had gone live on the software. One of the biggest issues we had was using the PO system for that long (adding items to inventory) without properly relieving inventory. It through our numbers way out of whack and meant we were ultimately guessing at our inventory valuations.

If I can help you learn from our mistakes, please don't hesitate to reach out!