inventory tracking items

TSTEVENS
New Contributor II

Why don't my items update the appropriate number when I add them to my invoice.  The inventory item tracking is only updating per invoice not the actual inventory item itself

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@TSTEVENS Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post! 

Let's see if one of our Inventory experts @Jeremy_Wick can share some Inventory best practices.

View solution in original post

TSTEVENS
New Contributor II

I do not believe your platform has a solution for this as my question is geared towards inventory tracking and the ability for future purchased based on tracking through your inventory portion of your CRM.

TSTEVENS
New Contributor II

This is based on assistance I received from your Chat help Yesterday.  Thank you.

Jeremy_Wick

Hey @TSTEVENS when you add an item to an Invoice The QTY available Decreases and the QTY on Hold increases.  The Qty On Hand is not effected until the invoice has been completed.  Once the invoice is completed the QTY on hold decreases and the Qty On Hand also Decreases.  Is this not happening in your account?

I understand this, My question has to do with quantities.  

EX.

If I add something and its a Quantity of 4 it still only shows one because it is tracking the item to the invoice not the total amount of items, i.e., the total quantity.  This is an issue for future ordering and accurate inventory tracking.  It seems like inefficient time management to put on serialized tracking and add a 1 or a 2 and so on behind the same piece of equipment to fix this issue.

Please advise.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Jeremy_Wick

INV 1.pngINV 2.pngINV 3.png

@TSTEVENS The First Screenshot shows the total Available for the Inventory Item is 4, the second shows the item added to the invoice the qty of the item is 4 and it is coming from the same Inventory Location.  The third shows the Inventory Item after it was added to the invoice.  This shows that we have 4 On hand because we haven't consumed those items yet.  They are on hold now for this Job, this makes no more of those Items Available because they are marked for this job.  Once the Invoice is completed the on hold and on hand amounts are removed leaving 0's across the board.

Jeremy_Wick

Hey @TSTEVENS when you add an item to an Invoice The QTY available Decreases and the QTY on Hold increases.  The Qty On Hand is not effected until the invoice has been completed.  Once the invoice is completed the QTY on hold decreases and the Qty On Hand also Decreases.  Is this not happening in your account?

I understand this, My question has to do with quantities.  

EX.

If I add something and its a Quantity of 4 it still only shows one because it is tracking the item to the invoice not the total amount of items, i.e., the total quantity.  This is an issue for future ordering and accurate inventory tracking.  It seems like inefficient time management to put on serialized tracking and add a 1 or a 2 and so on behind the same piece of equipment to fix this issue.

Please advise.

Thank you

TSTEVENS
New Contributor II

This is based on assistance I received from your Chat help Yesterday.  Thank you.

TSTEVENS
New Contributor II

I do not believe your platform has a solution for this as my question is geared towards inventory tracking and the ability for future purchased based on tracking through your inventory portion of your CRM.

LBabayan

@TSTEVENS Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post! 

Let's see if one of our Inventory experts @Jeremy_Wick can share some Inventory best practices.