What is the proper way to enter furnaces, condensers and complete replacement systems into the price book?

kmcgrath
New Contributor

Should the equipment be added first as a material than used in a service item? When I add as Equipment, in the mobile view it shows an installed on date, serial number, etc. Thank you. New to ST and want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

3 REPLIES 3

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am not sure what you are meaning when you refer to estimate templates?

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I guess I didn't see your response.

kmcgrath
New Contributor

Thank you for replying. Is this way better than using estimate templates?

wch_alex

Hi,

So what we have been doing here is basically having a Service (lets say this is going to be an install service) then you need to add Equipment which I think of is basically a more complex Material. So the equipment for the install would be something like the unit you are wanting for the install (remember we attach these equipment to the service) then the materials would be like, hey we use 4 nuts every time and 4 bolts every time. If you know for a fact that those Materials and Equipment are being used for that service every time. If you have some things on the service that may or may not need to be there then you need to tell the technician to add the material or equipment if they used it or not.

I think I covered all the bases here, let me know if I missed one or you have more questions.