How come recurring services don't automatically generate more jobs when the year comes back around to their original monthly membership start date? I have to physically go in and add more visits for ALL my monthly membership customers.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

11 REPLIES 11

Former Community Member

I had no idea it would do that. Thanks for sharing so we don't make that mistake.

jinablas
New Contributor II

yes it happened last year to us. We had 3 technicians leave and we missed a few jobs that were booked on them before they were taken out of ST and their jobs just disappeared. I mean they showed them in customer account... just not booked on a tech so they got missed until the customer called and asked what was going on. Luckily customers were really nice about everything but we learned our lesson

Former Community Member

I've never been in that situation when it comes to a technician quitting or leaving. I wouldn't think that the booked call would just disappear. Did this happen to you???

jinablas
New Contributor II

What happens if you booked it 6 months out and that technician leaves? if you end up booking it on a tech that leaves when they are removed from ST then the jobs on them disappear!

Former Community Member

I hope this helps! We have no issues with our recurring services being populated. Right now we actually have our technicians call us at the office before they leave the customers home to schedule their next maintenance visit close to 6 months out. It takes the burden out of our hands in the office to make thousands of phone calls and when we do it this way, we don't miss or let customers slip through the cracks! We also are able to fill our schedule for the whole year and keep our maintenance techs working through the slower months!

Former Community Member

In the "Settings" Section for our monthly membership. This is how we have it set up.

Former Community Member

This is how we have it set up. The recurring service will auto populate "Once Every Season".

mindieda
New Contributor II

There isn't anything else additionally that I need to do to ensure that more recurring services for future dates are added?

mindieda
New Contributor II

So even though say there are only 2 recurring service dates showing on the customers location, once that final date comes and goes then they will automatically add more recurring service dates for future dates for scheduling? I just want to ensure I am understanding it correctly.