Labor units for estimating

Cory_Magee
New Contributor

Hi

I love the new service titan estimating setup for the desktop version. I feel 1 thing is missing and I don't know if I am looking at it wrong. All of our line items have been set up with labor units. I don't know why labor costing cannot be added into the back end of estimates, Even if we could get labor unit numbers (like hours) on estimates that can be editable we can populate our estimates better. If we knew how many hours, we could determine our total cost on jobs. This would also help the dispatchers and PMs to book jobs for appropriate amount of times, or we can see where our costing went wrong or if we are over on hours.... Just a thought. Maybe someone is already doing this? Maybe I have missed something?

2 REPLIES 2

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

With item groups you should be able to accomplish this - create an item group with the main repair task - then add a sub item with 'billable hours' for example. In the PB, this billable hours task should have a price of your billable hourly rate, and 1 sold hour. On the estimate, adjust the qty of this billable hours sub task and boom! You've got an estimate number of sold hours at your billable rate, customer won't see that, it all rolls up into the main sales/repair task. Great for managing those variable jobs. You can do something similar with a material costs item as well

Jeremy_Wick
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

If you are wanting to get sold hours on a glance you can export your pricebook into Excel and add the Sold Hours to the Item Description.  This can be done fairly quickly by using basic formulas.  Please see link below for detailed instructions:

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/X6plmJo067tH2coo7qK3a78N1Y_48bnIHdMSPLh5nIg9iBW2M3rfRzlzuv7nReE4.3...
Passcode: vbCm9J.M