New Estimates Screen

jason_sp
New Contributor II

When building an estimate (office side) in the new estimates screen, you now have job costing on the right side of the screen. When entering tasks with labor associated, the labor cost is not being applied to the costing, therefore the margin is not accurate. Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6

jason_sp
New Contributor II

@Sheena_Palacios I'll reach out if I do. Appreciate your help!

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Gotcha, that makes sense. I was wondering when you reviewed the job costing, which you clarified before and after. If you want to make mass updates to your service tasks you can easily do it via the pricebook editing module right in ST or export the pricebook into excel! Happy to help with this if you need 🙂

- Sheena 

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena_Palacios

@jason_sp if you go to your pricebook and edit the details within a service task there will be a field called "Estimated Labor Cost" and when I added labor cost in this field and created an estimate from the call booking screen it populated. Another question, are you reviewing the labor costing before or after the job is completed? 

Sheena @ NiFT

@Sheena_Palacios Ok, that worked. The only bad thing is I have to go into every task and add the "Estimated Labor Cost", wish it could just pull from the billable hours. Not sure what your asking for the costing. I review costing when building an estimate then once the job is completed to ensure we hit our margin.

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @jason_sp are you referring to the "Labor Service" or the "Estimated Labor Cost" within the service task itself? I would verify that the labor service box is checked and if you're referring to the estimated labor cost then I believe that does not affect job costing.

- Sheena : )

Sheena @ NiFT

Hi @Sheena_Palacios I do not have any "Labor Service" boxes checked in my services, not sure what the "Estimated Labor Cost" is you're referring to, I don't see that anywhere in the service. We do have sold/billable hours set up for the task but when I add to and estimate, the labor is not showing in the "Cost Details" on the estimate page. The material cost associated with the task is populating, but no labor $