Updating equipment history

bdanielson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey all, not sure if this is the right section, but I've been trying to figure out how to go about updating equipment history on the office side of things. We have a few large commercial customers and we're wanting to track the intervals of time between certain parts being replaced, but our techs aren't updating the equipment history in the field. Is there a way to do this from the office side?

9 REPLIES 9

KPrall

Hello,

You can link a piece of equipment to either a service or material item on the invoice to track when it was last serviced (if the invoice hasn't been exported). Click on the edit pencil to the right of the line item and you can select the equipment piece to be linked. Equipment pieces linked to a service task will show on their printed invoice. Hope this helps!

josh_via
New Contributor III

I performed a quick search on this subject, because I'm currently looking for a solution in this area.

We have a customer that wants history on a piece of equipment. It appears the pencil eventually goes away here, and I'm looking for a way to go back in old calls and link a piece of equipment.

The reason this is something not done on the front end, is the caller won't know what piece of equipment this is.

Is there an option for linking the equipment once the pencil is gone?

bdanielson

Hey, thank you! Do you know if doing this will also make it show on the equipment's history when you open it from the location page?

dorobcp
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Did you get your answer? To update equip form the office side, if you navigate to the location of the equipment, you can add or edit from there. 

@bdanielson 

bdanielson

Hi @dorobcp the issue I'm running into isn't about editing equipment directly, it's about editing the history section that shows when you click on an equipment from the location page. I've gone to the edit button and it doesn't let me update the history, so I was wondering whether this can be manually done on the office side.

brironda

Hi @bdanielson!

I have yet to find a way to edit the history of the equipment from the equipment screen. You can go into the invoice that hasn't been exported (as someone mentioned above) and add the equipment to the invoice tasks to keep the history up to date on that specific piece of equipment. 

To ensure my techs are adding equipment to tasks, they get a form at the end of every call that is basically a checklist before they close out. One of the items on there asks if equipment has been attached to the tasks. We utilize the office as a backup, when we go through invoices we verify the invoice has equipment attached to tasks before we batch them. 

Hope this information helps! 

dorobcp

@bdanielson shoot. Not sure. Did you ask support and no help?

bdanielson

Yeah, they told me about editing equipment, but not editing history

e_dunn
Former Titan

@dorobcp - I think you've got some expertise in this area, any suggestions for @bdanielson?