Waitlist?

oregoncityalexa
New Contributor II

I was wondering if other companies have a "waitlist" for there jobs and what and how do you use a waitlist in ST. After our customer pays their deposit, we order the material and wait sometimes 6 months for it to come in. We currently use the follow up tab as a waitlist but we can't seem to find a more efficient way to make notes on the customers sold estimate. Right now we use the estimate summary which transfers over to the invoice summary after the job is complete. Such as "materials ordered, the ETA, notes about the job or customer." Is there a better way to have a "waitlist" or to leave notes on the customers sold estimate where they cant view it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jsoch
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Not necessarily, If you win the estimate and schedule out the installation job and put it on hold immediately, it will only have that single appointment. 

When you put an appointment on hold, it will simply put the appointment that was originally timed into into the hold status which you can then remove when needed, it does not create a second appointment. Jobs on hold do not expire and are always visible and quickly accessible via the "Hold" section on the bottom of the dispatch board. 

Project Tracking on the other hand takes this to another level, if the Job or Jobs are associated with a project, you can still use Hold and such to make sure the appointments do not go missing if they were already scheduled,  but it also gives you the ability to quickly look over the entire project and have tags applied specifically to that project, for example I may have a project in which the customer has accepted our estimate (with project tracking you can actually build out the estimate as part of the project). From there you can actually put the entire project on Hold using the status feature, you can even add sub-statuses to help better organize things, such as Hold - Parts ordered etc. (you can customize these statuses and sub statuses so that they suit your needs) 

View solution in original post

jsoch

There are a few ways to view your projects, it kind of depends on exactly what information you want to see. By default there is a Project Costing Report in titan that you can use, In addition you can also just use the search feature, change the Search Type to "Project" and then from there you can narrow down the results based on those fields. For example I can quickly do a search for any projects with the "pending scheduling" status and then from there either export that list to an excel or just go into the projects in Service Titan if I need more details.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

LukeMacaulay

Task Management is going to be hands down the most efficient way to keep track of your waitlisted install jobs. You can assign tasks and subtasks to individuals for the job that is on hold and once all those tasks are completed, you get an email which should trigger the job being scheduled.

LeonWright

This post just gave me the idea to track this in a spreadsheet and keep it in microsoft Teams (which is what we use for office communication and notes).  Other than holding the job and using tags, I can't think of a better ST solution.  

Also, nice username!  I live in Oregon City 😁

jsoch

Personally we use Hold and tags to manage our "waitlist" however that can get pretty crowded very quickly depending on how many projects you have on the go. Service Titan does have a Project Tracking feature that might also work for you in this scenario, There is an online course regarding this in the knowledge base and also a post on the community regarding it, you can also reach out to your CSM for a run through. 

Doesn't that add 2 appointments though? And don't the appointments expire after 30 days? 

jsoch

Not necessarily, If you win the estimate and schedule out the installation job and put it on hold immediately, it will only have that single appointment. 

When you put an appointment on hold, it will simply put the appointment that was originally timed into into the hold status which you can then remove when needed, it does not create a second appointment. Jobs on hold do not expire and are always visible and quickly accessible via the "Hold" section on the bottom of the dispatch board. 

Project Tracking on the other hand takes this to another level, if the Job or Jobs are associated with a project, you can still use Hold and such to make sure the appointments do not go missing if they were already scheduled,  but it also gives you the ability to quickly look over the entire project and have tags applied specifically to that project, for example I may have a project in which the customer has accepted our estimate (with project tracking you can actually build out the estimate as part of the project). From there you can actually put the entire project on Hold using the status feature, you can even add sub-statuses to help better organize things, such as Hold - Parts ordered etc. (you can customize these statuses and sub statuses so that they suit your needs) 

Is there a way to see/ pull a report of all your projects? 

jsoch

There are a few ways to view your projects, it kind of depends on exactly what information you want to see. By default there is a Project Costing Report in titan that you can use, In addition you can also just use the search feature, change the Search Type to "Project" and then from there you can narrow down the results based on those fields. For example I can quickly do a search for any projects with the "pending scheduling" status and then from there either export that list to an excel or just go into the projects in Service Titan if I need more details.

JessicaSmith

I think I would book the estimate into a job, then put the job on hold and use tags to keep track of its status. Then you can use the notes on the job that aren't customer facing also.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions