When we have multiple techs on a job, why can't we adjust the length of time and which days they are assigned by the individual technician?

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Multi-day/multi-tech jobs. Thus far, we are pretty disappointed in the ability to schedule these in Service Titan. At any given time, we have 15 to 20 of these multiple day installs going on. We often need different installers on the jobs on different days for different lengths of time. Currently this is impossible, and the work-around is sloppy and inconvenient. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, can you please throw in your two cents so that we can persuade Service Titan to change the way this is setup? We need to be able to adjust the length of time on a job for each individual tech and be able to choose which days individuals are on the job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arenimah
New Contributor III

Hi all,

The Appointments feature which launched early last year solves for this. Closing this thread as solved for housekeeping purposes. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

arenimah
New Contributor III

Hi all,

The Appointments feature which launched early last year solves for this. Closing this thread as solved for housekeeping purposes. Thanks! 

asvchesa
New Contributor III

Service Titan is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE with multi day jobs!! They should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this after so long. This is such a super big deal to so many of us but they just do not care!!!!

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Not really, Lynn. The rep I've been talking to at Service Titan says that he's discussed it with their programmers and he is pushing for it, but he said that we should put it on the Ideas page on here and approach it from that angle. The more ST customers that are asking for it, the more likely we'll get a result. Service Titan supposedly goes through the Ideas page every quarter and works on the things that seem to be the most popular to their customers. I DID POST IT AS AN IDEA, so please go to that tab and vote for it. And talk to your success manager about it. The more people at the ST headquarters that are bringing it up, the more likely they'll do something, I would think...

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

So has there been any answers to this? We would like this also

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I agree that the work around is 'sloppy and inconvenient'. I too am anxious to see an improvement on this.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Yeah, we know that. The problem is that I often have three or more techs on the same job on a given day who need to be there at different times, or I need different techs there on different days. It's a pain to book six different jobs for this. On our old software, we could schedule one job and change the times and duration on that job for each technician. That's what I'm asking for. Also, I want one invoice for a job with all labor and materials attributed to it. If I have a bunch of separate jobs for one install, this makes the job costing inaccurate and, as ST doesn't allow me to run project costing reports at this time, it costs me a lot of time to go back and calculate costs and profits on every project or job.

SarahFritz
Contributor

Multi day jobs in Service Titan are considered Projects. Figuring this out for us has helped us tremendously.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I guess there must be a lot of companies who aren't doing multi-day/multi-tech jobs, so it hasn't been a priority for them. I feel as though there should be enough of us that are though, that we can team together and push for this change. It would make our day-to-day operations so much easier. I also posted it as an "idea" on the idea page, so please vote for it. And continue to bring it up to them every way that you can. I bug them about it almost weekly.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

I have asked this numerous times in the past with no real response.