Marketing Pro - Customer Naming Convention

erasmuss
New Contributor II

Marketing Pro does not recognize names formatted Last Name, First Name. When I send out communication using the {First Name} tag, it pins their last name to the message instead of their first name. Other parts of service titan recognize the fact that the first name comes after the comma, but Marketing Pro does not. The only solution I’ve been offered is changing our naming convention and modifying every single customer in our system.

Why isn't there a way to make Marketing Pro accept our naming convention when the invoice and text message reminders and other areas don't have a problem with it? Building recurring service sms reminders and email templates would be so much more straightforward for me. Is anybody else having this same trouble?

Screenshot.png

7 REPLIES 7

eschimme
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We have the same situation- I've definitely let our Marketing Pro reps know it was a big oversight to not carry over the other naming convention: last, first. I can use the inverse in Email, but Direct Mail name printing has been somewhat problematic through ST (post office doesn't recognize many of these and send back), and the new SMS feature doesn't allow the last-name work around at all. I'm wishing this was fixed as well, for a paid product such as Marketing Pro. 

Home Comfort Services, Inc.

aaronwatters
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @erasmuss,

If I'm reading the thread correctly, does that mean Marketing Pro is reading the naming convention backward for your configuration? Does this mean if you use the Last Name merge tag that their First Name would be inserted? I'm sure you've tried it but thought I'd throw that out there too 🙂

Aaron Watters, Leadhub

Yea, I know that's a work around and I've had trouble remembering which parts of Service Titan accept our naming convention and what parts don't.....Fortunately in this situation I've only had one person out of two hundred say something about only their last name showing up in the text mesage.

PamDuffy-PCG

Hi @erasmuss ! I have not had this issue - in my experience, ServiceTitan has always recognized the naming convention of the individual and adjusted it as needed. I would report this to ServiceTitan Support.

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

Pam, we have a configuration turned on to accept our naming convention in the core functionality of Service Titan. This same configuration does not work the same in Marketing Pro, when I'm creating any sort of campaign it does not properly switch the names around to be First Name Last Name. I have brought this to my CSM and to support and they don't have a fix for it except for us to change our naming convention.

PamDuffy-PCG

Ugh, I'm sorry! Yes, I would think if that config was enabled then it would make everything backwards in other places. Out of curiosity, is your naming convention like that due to your accounting platform or something else? 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

Yes, historical data in quickbooks was inputted this way so we kept it consistent when we implemented Service Titan. When Marketing Pro was added, we discovered that it doesn't have the same naming convention as other areas of Service Titan.