YouTube short videos - the new marketing trend?

asnow
Valued Contributor II

A couple of weeks ago my team participated in a local parade. I took some photos and videos on my phone, and I wanted to share one of the videos (only 17 seconds long) with my team at our company meeting this morning to highlight my team and thank them for helping out. 

So last night I uploaded it into my company's Youtube channel - and 23 hours later it has almost 1,000 views! WHAT!?  I'm not super YouTube savvy, so are there any marketing experts out there that can explain how or why this has so many views in such a short time?  I would love to understand this better. Thanks in advance! Actual video linked here.

trending youtube video.png

1 REPLY 1

asnow
Valued Contributor II

As of today there are 1,049 views... so I'm thinking that you're going to get the biggest amount of viewership within the first 24 hours. Good to know... 

As I'm thinking about how I can use this new knowledge, I'm thinking of a variety of ways I could send out quick Call to Actions, offers, or specials when I need to quickly fill the board. Would love to hear how everyone is using short videos on YouTube or Reels to help drive your business.