Keeping up-to-date with recurring service event dismissals

Alyssa
New Contributor III

I wanted to know what processes everyone uses to efficiently surf through visits and dismiss them. It does not make sense to sort through all the recurring services, there are too many. I have been able to dismiss visits over a year old easily, but keeping up-to-date with dismissals has me questioning if there is an easy way to stay more up-to-date. How can it be kept up to the current month without going through every single service event in the system?

Example:

Expired memberships or monthly memberships may still have expired recurring events that date back just a couple of months. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emilybur
New Contributor II

I know I am late to this conversation, but I have used this a few times to sort the visits to find out some of the ones that I may need to dismiss. When you search for recurring services in the follow-up tab for whichever dates you are trying to sort through, i.e. 6/1/2022-6/30/2022. You can then sort the results using the "membership expiration date" by clicking on the header and doing descending or ascending order. That way you can see the expired memberships and choose to dismiss any of the events if need be. I know it's probably not as in depth as you are looking for, as it seems you may have a much larger customer base than we do here. But it does help filter out some of those that you can get rid of. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any other method of filtering that is beneficial, but at least it is something! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

emilybur
New Contributor II

I know I am late to this conversation, but I have used this a few times to sort the visits to find out some of the ones that I may need to dismiss. When you search for recurring services in the follow-up tab for whichever dates you are trying to sort through, i.e. 6/1/2022-6/30/2022. You can then sort the results using the "membership expiration date" by clicking on the header and doing descending or ascending order. That way you can see the expired memberships and choose to dismiss any of the events if need be. I know it's probably not as in depth as you are looking for, as it seems you may have a much larger customer base than we do here. But it does help filter out some of those that you can get rid of. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any other method of filtering that is beneficial, but at least it is something! 

Alyssa
New Contributor III

Thank you for this tip! Very helpful!

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

On the RECURRING SERVICE EVENTS tab in FOLLOW UP, there is a red dismiss button- you can select the visits you want to dismiss and then click that button and it will dismiss them all at once.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Alyssa
New Contributor III

Thank you Jessica... This is where I search for the events. Do you have a process that easily sorts through all of the visits and figure out which ones need to be dismissed? Currently, if I look up visits up to two months ago, I get thousands and thousands of results. There is no way I can sort through every one to make sure the visit needs to be dismissed.

Maybe if there was some way to look up available visits that are part of expired memberships. This would help a lot.