Membership Billing

NRamirez07
New Contributor

Is there a way to change the membership bill date when the customer has had an ongoing membership that has been billed on a specific date monthly for a while? This issue has come up before but we have always answered "No we can't change the date." I don't want to tell the customers that anymore when the question arises again. So, can we can the date say from the 1st of the month the 9th of the month? If so, how? I looked through all the resources given and couldn't find anything. Please help if you know we would greatly appreciate it!!

Nat

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Absolutely! Edit the membership, change the NEXT BILLING DATE to whatever day you want it to bill each month, (so if you want to change it to the 9th of the month, edit it to 10/9/22 to start in October). After it processes the next bill, it will automatically change to the 9th of the next month!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

AdamCronenberg

Will add to Jessica's post that you will want to make sure your automatic membership billing runs are setup correctly for this as well.  That will determine when this membership is actually invoiced and when a payment is run against it.   This is especially important if you group all Memberships with a billing date, ie 1st thru 15th to invoice and run on the 15th or whatever date range you have selected.

Element Mist

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdamCronenberg

Will add to Jessica's post that you will want to make sure your automatic membership billing runs are setup correctly for this as well.  That will determine when this membership is actually invoiced and when a payment is run against it.   This is especially important if you group all Memberships with a billing date, ie 1st thru 15th to invoice and run on the 15th or whatever date range you have selected.

Element Mist

Appreciate it! Thanks so much. Great information. 

JessicaSmith

Yes for sure! I advocate for setting automatic membership billing to run daily! I like the smaller batches and then you don't have partial months when a membership is sold throwing things off.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

Absolutely! Edit the membership, change the NEXT BILLING DATE to whatever day you want it to bill each month, (so if you want to change it to the 9th of the month, edit it to 10/9/22 to start in October). After it processes the next bill, it will automatically change to the 9th of the next month!