Linking a recurring service event to a previously completed job

Alyssa
New Contributor III

Currently, if the recurring service "button" is not pressed when the job invoice is exported, the recurring service is not recognized, nor linked to that completed job. Does anyone know of a way to link recurring service events to a previous completed job? Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

JimSaylor
New Contributor

I've been adding a pinned comment to the location record that references the job number of the completed event. Something like, " Tune up completed 1/22/22 (Job # xxxxxx). Recurring event not used. Dismissing 2022 event." Then, I add the same comment to the event and dismiss it. I do this because, I too, have not found a way attach the event post-completion.

This seems to work but is a lot of messing around. I've thought about creating a separate job as well but dismissing clears the event without making another job.

Chels
New Contributor II

Does anyone know how to add an additional "recurring service event" if the customer needed to reschedule but the visit was already exported and "completed" so you cannot remove link from previous scheduled visit and link it to a  rescheduled visit on the Service Agreement page ? I am looking for a way to add an additional visit to the same ESA membership without having to sell a new ESA. Hopefully that makes sense. 

Alyssa
New Contributor III

@Chels  To add another recurring service, you can do it by changing the number of events on the recurring services edit page in the section labeled "#of Total Visits." If one visit is already recognized, and you add another visit, it may mess with your revenue recognition, so be careful. 

SarahFritz
Contributor

Our billing person rakes over our preventative maintenance/recurring service jobs for this reason before batches get posted/exported/ 

Alyssa
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah. This is also a good idea. Another level of review. Thank you!

AmberC
Contributor II

@Alyssa Hi there! Another workaround might be for you to select "first visit already complete" in the recurring service edit screen. This will account for the "missing" recurring service on the customer profile. 

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/recurring-services

Alyssa
New Contributor III

@AmberC, I had not thought of that option! I will try and see if it can help us achieve what we are looking for. Thank you!

AmberC
Contributor II

@Alyssa Awesome! I hope it helps. 🙂

Alyssa
New Contributor III

@AmberC When I use the "first visit already complete," it does not recognize the revenue on the membership page. But thank you for the idea!