New Estimate from Profile Page

SARABIAN
New Contributor II

For starters I am the membership manager for my company. This means that I am constantly trying to find new ways to promote our memberships. Recently I had the genius idea to build membership estimates for our new customers. However, there is no way to build an estimate directly from the customers profile page. In order to build an estimate you must go through a job that was previously done. Doing this causes my coworker to receive followups, which are attached to the jobs. This is very inconvenient considering now the estimate is linked to a job. You can also build estimates for memberships through renewals. However, this doesn't help my new customer profiles that have little to no history with my company yet. My reasoning for this post is to promote a change in service titan. I would like access to build an estimate directly from the profile page without it attaching to a job. I am sure many of us that use service titan would find it easier to have the option to start an estimate without it being attached to a previous job or project. If you see this thread and agree with my idea please engage. Comment, Vote, & pass the idea along so we can have the option to build fresh estimates! Thankyou. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alyssa
New Contributor III

We are able to build estimates from the job booking screen. On the call screen, if you search the customer and see where you would normally book a job, there is a button at the bottom of this screen that says "build estimate." It will require you to fill in the summary, business unit, and day/time for some reason before clicking on "build estimate", but that creates a blank estimate for us in the office where we can add the membership tasks. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Alyssa
New Contributor III

We are able to build estimates from the job booking screen. On the call screen, if you search the customer and see where you would normally book a job, there is a button at the bottom of this screen that says "build estimate." It will require you to fill in the summary, business unit, and day/time for some reason before clicking on "build estimate", but that creates a blank estimate for us in the office where we can add the membership tasks. 

SARABIAN
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for this solution! I don't know how I never noticed that button at the bottom of the screen! I tried it out & it's a good fix for now!

emilybur
New Contributor II

I love being able to build estimates and send them to customers without creating jobs. Now to just add the option to attach documents as well! I'd like to send a membership estimate along with our brochure with more info. But it's not an option with non-job estimates. 

Alyssa
New Contributor III

In this case, we just use a pdf of our service agreement (which has coverage and pricing listed) in DocuSign. You can have an estimate, brochure, and whatever you like all in one document/email. DocuSign lets you place required spaces for the customer to fill out and sign. Once the DocuSign is completed by the customer, you can create the membership in ST. 

Alyssa
New Contributor III

That is great!

angelica-n
Former Titan

Hello, there—thank you for your feedback! For any others who read this thread and would like to upvote this idea, it's COMMUNITY-I-2817 in the ideas section 😊

SARABIAN
New Contributor II

Thankyou for the help!

ngoggin_
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This has been a problem for years! Thanks for the idea. 

SARABIAN
New Contributor II

Very easy fix, i'm hoping we can make it happen!