What Causes QuickBooks Error 15103 and How Can I Resolve It?

joderaj633
New Contributor

Hi,

I’m running into QuickBooks Error 15103 when attempting to update my software. The error seems related to update issues or file access. Has anyone else dealt with this? What steps did you take to fix it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

soheyeh541
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Error 15103 typically occurs during software updates and is often due to permissions issues or conflicts with security software. Causes include incorrect file permissions, antivirus/firewall blocking, or corrupted update files.

To resolve it:

1. Run QuickBooks as Administrator: Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select "Run as Administrator."
  2. Check Internet Connection: Ensure a stable connection.
  3. Update QuickBooks Manually: Download the latest updates from the QuickBooks website.
  4. Verify Antivirus/Firewall Settings: Temporarily disable or configure them to allow QuickBooks.
  5. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.

If problems persist, consider reaching out to QuickBooks support.

QuickBooks Help.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

soheyeh541
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Error 15103 typically occurs during software updates and is often due to permissions issues or conflicts with security software. Causes include incorrect file permissions, antivirus/firewall blocking, or corrupted update files.

To resolve it:

1. Run QuickBooks as Administrator: Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select "Run as Administrator."
  2. Check Internet Connection: Ensure a stable connection.
  3. Update QuickBooks Manually: Download the latest updates from the QuickBooks website.
  4. Verify Antivirus/Firewall Settings: Temporarily disable or configure them to allow QuickBooks.
  5. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.

If problems persist, consider reaching out to QuickBooks support.

QuickBooks Help.png