Paid Meal Breaks

rcamilleri
New Contributor

We are new to Service Titan and are trying to figure out paid lunch breaks for our technicians. The Meal Break option is Unpaid and Service Titan said that they cannot change that. The only option we found was by creating a paid event called Lunch Break. The downside to this is for our installers who are usually assigned to a job all day. You cannot select an Event if you are Dispatched on a job - so they will have to Close out of their assigned job, clock into the Lunch Break event, clock out of the Lunch break event when done, and Dispatch themselves back to their assigned job. Has anyone found an easier way to get this done. The ideal solution would be for Service Titan to have a Paid/Unpaid option for the Meal Break.

4 REPLIES 4

DTetreault
New Contributor

I'd like to agree with the idea that the toggle for paid, unpaid should be left to the business and not hard coded into Service Titan as it currently is. Even though we set up a paid lunch nonjob event as paid, it limits the ability to use irt because when technicians are on all day installations or service jobs, they can't simply clock into meal. They need to leave the job and then go back to it whereas a meal break they just clock into it regardless. Not allowing it to be a toggle for paid or unpaid seems to try to dictate to businesses that they have no choice or find a workaround. Isn't it the task of Service Titan to fill the needs of the business? More and more businesses are paying for lunch breaks due to the competitive nature of the industry. Service Titan is a great software but this is a negative piece. 

rcamilleri
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess that is another option - but they would still have to close out of their job, dispatch to the "Paid Lunch Break" and then dispatch back to their existing job. With the The Meal Break option you don't have to sign out of your current job, just click Start Meal Break and then End meal Break - but unfortunately it's Unpaid Time.

True... And I do appreciate wanting to make it simple for a tech. I don't even think a paid gray event would help with the hour & $ for that time to go off the job and go into a different 'bucket'. I do not think ST has a way to do this without clocking in/out of the Job for paid time. If you put the idea in the community I will vote for it. 

gotobrandi
Contributor

Could you create a job called "Paid Lunch Break" and assign it to the tech and they could sign in and out?