Permissions to Edit

ATL_Suggestions
New Contributor

ABOUT TECHNICIANS

I've got some non-managed techs and I was hoping to give them the ability to see what's on an invoice but not to edit the invoice. Why is this not possible?

6 REPLIES 6

baraica
Former Titan

Hi there! Additionally you can limit their ability with permissions such as "Edit service price", "Edit material price", "Edit equipment price", "Edit payment", and "Edit invoice tax amount". More information can be found here: https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/technician-permissions 

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

The purchase order, with its collection of items or "job requirements", cannot be seen unless the permission to "Edit purchase order in pending status" is granted, and with that permission comes the ability to edit the PO.

It is a $0 invoice, and I do not have any managed techs that can be assigned. The role has no "permissions" to edit anything, but they can still edit everything.

1.png2.png

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi! If it's not a $0 invoice then you must first have a managed technician assigned to an appointment prior to assigning a non-managed technician. Once they are assigned they should be able to "view" the invoice. Viewing an invoice is not a specific permission for techs, editing it is though. Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

If viewing the invoice is not a "permission", then why can the invoice not be seen unless the permission to "Edit purchase order in pending status" is granted?

It is a $0 invoice, and I do not have any managed techs that can be assigned. The role has no "permissions" to edit anything, but they can still edit everything.