Required info needed for account

jroberds
New Contributor II

I am wanting to create a required "field" for the technicians, not just a form.  How can you make it to where the technician has to enter the model and serial numbers and other key fields on the location profile?  The simple answer would be to create a form.  Why create a form when you can have them enter it directly into the account?  If anyone has previous experience with this issue and gathering info from the field and getting it on the actual account rather than a sheet of paper I would love to hear from you.  I am open to all ideas 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2

ECSoffice1
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I, too, would love to know if there is a way to make equipment info a required field. This is a constant struggle, to make sure it is clearly noted on invoices what work was done on which unit, since many of our customers have multiple systems. I know it is now an option on estimates to add the equipment info to the recommended repairs, but I do not think there is a way to make it mandatory... yet... If there is a work-around (besides forms) I would love to know!

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @jroberds ! Have you tried attaching equipment to the location record? You can add things like model and serial number. 

--

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert