Taking photos in the Service Titan Mobile App

markloeper
New Contributor

I have been having a challenge to get the technicians to take photos before, during and after the work has been performed.  In trying to understand why a simple task like this was not being completed they all complained that it really slowed them down on the job.  I decided to take a job for myself this morning, one that required a lot of photos and finally understood their point. 

To take a photo, the tech needs to press the camera icon to get into photo mode, press "take photo" from the pop up options, press "take photo" once the camera comes up, press "use photo" once the pic was taken to save the photo.  That is four steps for a simple picture. If they have four photos to take it is 16 moves to make that happen. Is there a way to get into the camera app and just start taking photos, all of them saving unless a retake button is hit.  We do a fair amount of "Dark Store Walks" where we may need to take 50 to 75 photos in what should be a 45 to 50 minute walk.  

Mark Loeper, Owner

Mr Handyman of Independence and Macedonia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

prometheusdavid
New Contributor II

You can always just use the default camera app on your phone or tablet. After that when you click on the camera icon you can choose to upload photos form your device. You can select as many photos as you want and bulk upload them

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

d1nonly10
New Contributor II

Our techs have reported when they use the camera function within the mobile app - sometimes the photos do not get attached, sometimes the photo shows up multiple time.

The process now - take all photos with the camera function on the mobile device and then upload them to ST when filling out the forms.

joywilke
New Contributor III

Mark, we have found that using the recording instead of taking pictures is much faster.  You can go through your video recording and take out what you need for pictures.  Just thought I would share this since we just started this and is working great for my technicians. 

prometheusdavid
New Contributor II

You can always just use the default camera app on your phone or tablet. After that when you click on the camera icon you can choose to upload photos form your device. You can select as many photos as you want and bulk upload them

470AA67E-6770-4563-B9B8-3306E5BA65F9.jpeg

also, this will work if you need them to attach pictures to forms. they can go ahead and take all of the pictures ahead of time and then upload them when they are filling out the form instead of taking them as they fill it out

joywilke
New Contributor III

Mark, I have the same issues with my techs.  They state it does take too much time to download all pictures needed for a job.  At times, my tech has stated that it takes him 30 minutes on taking photos.  I pray they come up with something better to offer.