Searching for Materials in all Services

ZMR-TBHVAC
New Contributor III

Hey all, so we have recently started tracking with inventory/PO's and I was going through marking specific items to be tracked, and a good few gave me a pop-up showing this:
n9r9y1r

If I decide to select either option, it inevitably deactivates the old material, and creates the new material, updating all invoices/PO's. The downside, is it removes the old material from any active services, but doesn't add the new material back to those services.

So, my question is, is there a way to actively search all services for a material (so I can write them down) to be able to go back afterwards, and re-add the material to those services, or is there a way to prevent this from removing the material from any service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would use the pricebook export file and look under the the linked materials to servicemateriallinks tab.  Create a filter on this screen and filter by updated service code or material code.   Let me know if this helps, sounds like a pain point we may be looking at when we go live with inventory.  

junk PB Screenshot.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RandiThompson

There is an item consumption report that might help.... the problem that we have ran into is the item is not "consumed" till the job is complete, so this will only help if its an after the fact action. Are you adding PO's to jobs maybe a PO report would work. The visibility of the purchase and movement will improve significantly once you are using inventory its just a pain to get started!! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Steveng

I would use the pricebook export file and look under the the linked materials to servicemateriallinks tab.  Create a filter on this screen and filter by updated service code or material code.   Let me know if this helps, sounds like a pain point we may be looking at when we go live with inventory.  

junk PB Screenshot.PNG

JessicaSmith

This is a great answer and probably the best way to do it!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions