Opportunity Job Average - Tracking Average ticket correctly

chelsea_6
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey guys!! I have an issue that I have been trying to work through for a little while and would love to see how you guys measure, and hold techs accountable to the set average ticket KPI. We track Opportunity Job Average and spiff based on a $400 + average ticket. The problem I am running into, is this number is calculated based on revenue, (which is work performed). That would be ok, except sometimes guys sell work and a different technician performs the work. When this happens, the tech that performed the work is credited for the revenue, not the tech that sold the work. Now, we don't really use splits, it's just something that we have never really implemented. So I could split the revenue between the techs, but then it would trigger commission for the selling tech on the job that he didn't perform the work on due to configurable payroll.

I would love to see how you guys measure average ticket and if anyone else has ran into this issue in the past.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

chelsea_6

Yes ma'am, that is our process as well. If the technician cannot perform the work right there then we ell the estimate for a later date and we try to get the original tech to do the work but sometimes that isn't possible. The "selling tech" gets his comm for selling the work and then the performing tech gets his for doing the work. That all works perfectly. The issue is the revenue, which affects Opportunity Job Average. Let's say tech #1 sells a txv for $2600, he gets his comm for selling that work, but Tech #2 performs the work. Tech #2 gets credit toward his revenue (and Opportunity Job Average) for the $2600, and Tech #1 does not. Now, if I adjust the split to say 50/50 then they both get half the revenue toward the Opportunity Job Average, but configurable payroll triggers "work performed" comm for Tech #1 when he didn't actually do that work. I hope that makes sense?

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @chelsea_6 - what is the process for when the estimate is sold? Ideally, when an estimate/job is sold it should be converted into the job where the work is performed and both techs will receive their appropriate credit. Additionally, the sold by field is editable and is also coded into the backend for configurable payroll to recognize the difference.

- Sheena @ NIFT

Sheena @ NiFT