Project Reporting

eleverich
New Contributor

It seems to me that project reports are linked & run off of the jobs. We start with projects and have information & billings go out before we have any labor on a job or even a job created. Also, we bill 100% off the project in our commercial sales business unit so under billing is not accurate as it pulls invoices off the jobs associated with the projects. It would be nice to pull a report of information on the projects that weren't associated to job start date or estimate sold date or invoices on the job(s).

Also, to be able to run reports on projects with multiple jobs and not have that project show up in the report multiple times for each job on the project.

Does anyone else have a workflow like this where project reporting based on project start date would be helpful? Right now, the only report we run for projects is a WIP report for accounting & if there are invoices off the project they do not show up (because it only pulls invoices from jobs). Again, we do not invoice off of jobs in our commercial sales business unit.

If i am missing something, I'd love to hear about it!! 

5 REPLIES 5

DWasicek
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@eleverich 

You are 100% correct, you cannot get this information in WIP or project reports. I would look at the reporting from a different standpoint. How about an invoice report with a project number, bring in job number and filter to "Is Empty". If you need custom fields, you can bring in location and customer custom fields in an invoice report.

Otherwise you are creating two reports and manipulating them in excel. I would definitely make product suggestions on Project reporting. 

DWasicek

@eleverich 

Your observations are correct, the projects report date filters are based on either a sold estimate OR the job start date. If you are not selling an estimate to start the project, that is the recommended workflow.

Depending on what you are looking to report on, you could always export search results on projects. Those project statuses and fields are searchable and will give you information.

I hope this helps.

Hi @DWasicek thanks for the quick response. We do sell estimates in our workflow as soon as a contract value is negotiated, but ideally we enter projects even before that as it can take time before we receive a contract & if entered prior we can have a concise "back log" of what is coming down the pipeline. I have used the project results search, however its limiting because you cant search a date range without exporting the whole list & filtering in excel... 

Any insight on reporting invoicing (underbilling) on a project if all invoices are manual & not attached to jobs?

Any feedback sent up to ServiceTitan about how these improvements could help our workflow is appreciated. Thanks!!

LBabayan

Hi @eleverich

Thank you for this topic. Let's see if one of our experts can weigh-in. @PamDuffy-PCG  have you worked with or have suggestions for accurate project reporting?

PamDuffy-PCG

Tagging my colleague @DWasicek who would be better suited to answer this than me! 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert