Task Code Time Frames

danettad
New Contributor

We use The New Flat Rate with ST.  Each task code (in TNFR) is assigned a suggested/recommended time frame to complete.  The time frames are based on a national average.  For example, the task code to diagnose and replace a bad capacitor allows 45 minutes.  An experienced tech should be able to do this in less than 15-20 minutes, while someone who is learning (or does not keep his truck stocked) might take the full 45 minutes or even longer.  I am looking for a report that shows both the suggested/recommended time frame and the actual time spent on the job.  I would love to be able to pay performance pay by the task code.  This would allow the more experienced techs to make more money, while the less experienced (or those are not working as efficiently) would make less putting each technician in charge of how much money they make.  For easy math.. if we paid $10 per billed hour, then a technician would make $12.50 to diagnose and replace a capacitor regardless of how much time it actually took him to complete the job.  Does anyone know how to create a custom report that would show both of these times?  

1 REPLY 1

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @danettad

I would suggest taking a look at Job durations to see if they are accurate with the actual time spent on the job. You can use the Technician Timesheet With Time Details report and separate by job type. Please note it doesn't allow editing sum to avg (I suppose you can export to excel to do it that way to compare with the current job durations). 

There is no easy way to get that information so exporting to excel would work. You could also use Master pay file report,  group by job type, filter for working time only, and then divide the total time by the count distinct of job numbers.

Hope this is helpful 🙂