Deactivated Technicians

ladams76
New Contributor III

Is there a work around for deactivated techs on invoices that need an adjustment? If we have to make an adjustment invoice for a job a deactivated tech is on, it gives error code it can not be done with a non-managed tech. So we either have to go in and add a new tech or go into old tech's profile and reactivate to make adjustments. Very aggravating and time consuming. Is there a setting or something I am missing? Also, if they are on a job that is still on-going and when it finishes we have to go in and reactivate to finish the billing for it. 

4 REPLIES 4

ladams76
New Contributor III

ladams76
New Contributor III

I found an idea that has been proposed for exactly this. I voted for it and will start campaign to get everyone to vote for it! Go to Idea page and search for:

Developers - We need to be able to invoice after deactivating

Vote Vote Vote

Melisa
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

When I need to make adjustments on an invoice with an deactivated tech I change the split to an active tech. It may not be the ideal but it works for us. 

nate_cra
New Contributor II

As far as I know, you are not missing anything.  I've been asking for a resolution to this for years.  We don't like to add an additional technician because then the history gets confusing and we don't have accurate tracking for technician revenue (which is part of our technician bonus program).  When we reactivate the technician we get charged for having another managed technician AND there is a limit to the number of times you can deactivate/reactivate a technician account over a given time period.  I've had to have someone from Service Titan get involved multiple times to reactivate technician profiles that are temporarily locked out.