Dispatch pro and time windows

JaclynR23
New Contributor III

For those running dispatch pro, what time windows (arrival windows) do you use?  We do a 8-9:30 and a 10-5pm window so that dispatch pro can run most efficiently. We only have 3 technicians so there isn't a lot of wiggle room for dispatch pro to move around calls and sometimes have all day commercial jobs, 

I am trying to figure out if there are better ways, as customers always ask for later/earlier appointments and I am trying to navigate that the best way I can. Any tips?

2 REPLIES 2

lcody
New Contributor III

This is a hard one. We use 8:30 - 10:30am - first call, 10:30 - 12:30pm and 1p - 6p - for some reason dispatch pro doesnt read the 1/2 hour and if we did change our time we would have to change our time everywhere else, plus change our capacity. We have 13 techs using dispatch pro. It doesnt work for every job type, but it does work for 1 dispatcher vs having 2 - Other techs 7 and apprentice we manage manually 

KristenMiller
New Contributor III

We have a larger pool of technicians (approximately 20) that are set up to have jobs assigned to them by using dispatch pro. As of right now, We use a basic morning and afternoon time frame (7:30-12PM)  (12PM-4PM), but also create custom time frames for individual customers on an as-needed basis when scheduling in advance allows time to determine that custom time frame will work. Normally in those cases I have a set technician I want to respond to that job, so they normally get assigned manually and Dispatch pro gets turned off.