Is anyone else having issues with calls dropping, missed and abandoned calls because the phone doesn't ring, customers having to come to the office because they can't get through on the phone?

tammitit
New Contributor II

7 REPLIES 7

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi,

I see, well if you were sure that it wasn't the internet then why did you upgrade it?

The status option could've been changed by the person maybe they just forgot to turn it back to available... it does happen from time to time.

Yes I do hear a lot of people do have problems. Here we don't have problems with dialpad but we here have read tons of documentation on all the workings of the system as well as YouTube videos and such. I am not saying this is the way it should be, but it was the way we became informed on how to use the system properly.

Also I haven't seen any bugs from dialpad here so I think you might be not using the program as it should be used. It is possible you have something setup wrong or not the way that you want it.

I hope this helps 😄

tammitit
New Contributor II

I'm sure it's not the internet. Why would dispatch be moved from available to not available without a change made by a person? Our remote dispatcher is having the same issues. Dial Pad is a horrible application that should never have been released with this many bugs in it.

wch_alex

Hi,

Yeah if you do really think the internet is a problem then I would try and make sure you have it "hard wired" into the computer. If that is not an option you probably need a router extender "wifi extender" or something of that nature. If you are hard wired in and it is causing problems try and go to "https://www.speedtest.net/" to test your internet speed.

I would be surprised it is your internet but ya never know. Let me know what speedtest.net says.

and as always,

Let me know if this helps!

tammitit
New Contributor II

These odd things happen randomly without anyone doing anything in the settings. We have a dispatcher that works out of state and it is happening there as well. We just spent a lot of money up dating our internet and network and STILL having issues. Today 2 customers had to come to the office to schedule appointments because the phone just rang and rang. This is not the first time this has happened.

wch_alex

Hi,

Ah yes I completely understand what you mean. Can you make sure you have the notifications enabled with Dialpad? (I don't think you can turn them off, but I have seen some crazy stuff before!) Make sure it is not an internet issue, as well as making sure your status on dialpad isn't set to Do not disturb or anything like that (top right hand corner). Another thing is in the admin settings for dialpad I think you have to make sure you assign either everyone to get the calls or a certain person to get the calls then it goes to other people if that person is busy or away.

tammitit
New Contributor II

We have several open cases that they claim to be working on....I am ready to find another system as their tech support is terrible. Dial Pad is terrible. We are a small business and when the phones don't work that costs money.

wch_alex

Hi,

Have you tried contacting customer support on the service titan page?

Click the question mark on the top right at the dashboard then go to the blue button at the bottom and "Ask Support". They normally respond very quickly, about 5 minutes or sooner depending on the time of day.