Technician Permissions

ladams76
New Contributor III

I have looked everywhere in every setting and I can not find it. I need to remove permissions for technicians to add a discount to an invoice.

I know it is listed as Discounts and Fees in the pricebook, but I specifically need to have the permissions turned off for techs to add a discount.

Is there a way to add a permission and tie it to that? Or is there a permission already.

3 REPLIES 3

AConleyPCG
New Contributor II

@ladams There is some great information above! You do have a couple options depending on the intended use. If you would like your technicians to be able to apply discounts through Pricebook, I would recommend leaving the discounts available. 

If you do not apply discounts but have discounts active you can always Deactive them in Pricebook. 

Another permissions option you could try would be from Settings> technicians> and remove the checkmark from "edit service price", this will not allow your technicians to adjust any invoice or estimate prices. 

I hope you find this helpful! 

Best, 

PCG 

Alishia C
https://mypowerhouse.group/

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

It is not a technician permission. You will need to hide the Discounts category from the mobile view. Go to your Pricebook Tab, then select Categories - and then hide the "Discounts" category by selecting the checkbox of Hide in Mobile. 

Chayo80_0-1689795116904.png

Chayo80_1-1689795223928.png

AbsoluteRob
New Contributor III

PEOPLE>TECHNICIANS>EDIT TECH>PERMISSIONS TAB 
You can choose whether or not technicians have permission to edit prices. 
We don't have any Pricebook items under Discounts and Fees, so I can't provide much help in that regard. Hopefully this helps!