How Do I Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15212?

midig87021
New Contributor

Hi all,

I’m having trouble updating QuickBooks and keep getting Error 15212. The update fails every time I try, and I've already attempted a few common fixes like restarting my computer and checking for other updates. Has anyone encountered this issue and found a solution? Any guidance on how to resolve this error would be really helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kimkardashian44
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Update Error 15212 occurs when the QuickBooks Desktop application fails to install updates. This error can hinder your ability to access new features, security updates, and improvements.

Reasons:

1. Permission Issues: Insufficient permissions to update files or folders can trigger this error.
  2. Corrupted Download: Incomplete or damaged update files can prevent successful installation.
  3. Antivirus/Firewall Interference: Security software might block QuickBooks from accessing the update servers.
  4. File Damage: Corrupted QuickBooks installation files can also lead to this issue.

Solutions:

1. Run QuickBooks as Administrator:

• Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select "Run as administrator". This provides the necessary permissions for the update.
  2. Check and Configure Security Software:

• Ensure your firewall and antivirus settings allow QuickBooks updates. You may need to temporarily disable them or add QuickBooks to the exception list.
  3. Download Updates Manually:

• Visit the QuickBooks website to download the latest update manually and install it.
  4. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor:

• Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair any damaged files.
  5. Check Disk Space:

• Ensure there is sufficient disk space on your system for the update installation.
  6. Reboot Your Computer:

• Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve temporary issues.

If the error persists, reaching out to QuickBooks Support for additional assistance might be necessary.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kimkardashian44
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Update Error 15212 occurs when the QuickBooks Desktop application fails to install updates. This error can hinder your ability to access new features, security updates, and improvements.

Reasons:

1. Permission Issues: Insufficient permissions to update files or folders can trigger this error.
  2. Corrupted Download: Incomplete or damaged update files can prevent successful installation.
  3. Antivirus/Firewall Interference: Security software might block QuickBooks from accessing the update servers.
  4. File Damage: Corrupted QuickBooks installation files can also lead to this issue.

Solutions:

1. Run QuickBooks as Administrator:

• Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select "Run as administrator". This provides the necessary permissions for the update.
  2. Check and Configure Security Software:

• Ensure your firewall and antivirus settings allow QuickBooks updates. You may need to temporarily disable them or add QuickBooks to the exception list.
  3. Download Updates Manually:

• Visit the QuickBooks website to download the latest update manually and install it.
  4. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor:

• Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair any damaged files.
  5. Check Disk Space:

• Ensure there is sufficient disk space on your system for the update installation.
  6. Reboot Your Computer:

• Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve temporary issues.

If the error persists, reaching out to QuickBooks Support for additional assistance might be necessary.