How can I resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 effectively?

pomavi40
New Contributor

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error 3371 with status code 11118, which prevents me from opening QuickBooks. This error seems related to licensing or data file issues. I’ve tried restarting my computer and reinstalling QuickBooks, but the problem persists. Has anyone faced QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118? What steps or solutions have worked for you? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jennadewan67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118, often appears when QuickBooks cannot initialize the license properties file. This can prevent the software from opening and disrupt your accounting tasks. The error is typically related to issues with the license information or damaged files.

Possible Solutions:

1. Reinstall QuickBooks: Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks to refresh the program files. Ensure you have your license information handy for reactivation.

2. Update Windows: Ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated Windows files can cause conflicts with QuickBooks.

3. Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml File: Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\ and delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Restart QuickBooks, which will prompt it to recreate this file.

4. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: This tool can fix issues related to installation and setup. Download and run the tool from the QuickBooks website.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, contacting QuickBooks support may be necessary for further assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jennadewan67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118, often appears when QuickBooks cannot initialize the license properties file. This can prevent the software from opening and disrupt your accounting tasks. The error is typically related to issues with the license information or damaged files.

Possible Solutions:

1. Reinstall QuickBooks: Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks to refresh the program files. Ensure you have your license information handy for reactivation.

2. Update Windows: Ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated Windows files can cause conflicts with QuickBooks.

3. Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml File: Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\ and delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Restart QuickBooks, which will prompt it to recreate this file.

4. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: This tool can fix issues related to installation and setup. Download and run the tool from the QuickBooks website.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, contacting QuickBooks support may be necessary for further assistance.