How can I fix the "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error in QuickBooks?

pomavi40
New Contributor

I'm encountering a "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error in QuickBooks, which is affecting performance and causing crashes. I’ve tried restarting QuickBooks and my computer, but the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced the "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error? What troubleshooting steps or solutions can help resolve this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jennadewan67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

The "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error in QuickBooks indicates that the QuickBooks API is running out of memory, often due to large data files or insufficient system resources. This can lead to performance issues and interruptions in your accounting tasks.

Possible Solutions:

1. Increase System Memory: Ensure your computer has adequate RAM and consider adding more if necessary. This can help manage larger files and improve performance.

2. Optimize QuickBooks File: Use the “Verify and Rebuild Data” tool in QuickBooks to fix file corruption and reduce file size. Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data and then File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.

3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. Updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes.

4. Close Unnecessary Programs: Free up system memory by closing other applications that may be using resources.

If the problem persists, consult QuickBooks support for additional troubleshooting steps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jennadewan67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

The "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error in QuickBooks indicates that the QuickBooks API is running out of memory, often due to large data files or insufficient system resources. This can lead to performance issues and interruptions in your accounting tasks.

Possible Solutions:

1. Increase System Memory: Ensure your computer has adequate RAM and consider adding more if necessary. This can help manage larger files and improve performance.

2. Optimize QuickBooks File: Use the “Verify and Rebuild Data” tool in QuickBooks to fix file corruption and reduce file size. Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data and then File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.

3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. Updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes.

4. Close Unnecessary Programs: Free up system memory by closing other applications that may be using resources.

If the problem persists, consult QuickBooks support for additional troubleshooting steps.

The "QBMAPI64 out of memory" error in QuickBooks indicates that the application has run out of available memory. To address this, first close any unnecessary programs to free up system resources. Next, increase your computer’s virtual memory by adjusting settings in the Control Panel. Ensure QuickBooks and your operating system are up to date.