What are the steps to resolve QB Error 15104?

pipibo4041
New Contributor

I’m running into QB Error 15104 during my QB update. Despite trying to restart both QB and my computer, the error keeps reappearing. Has anyone encountered QB Error 15104 before? What solutions or troubleshooting methods did you use to fix it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sagodi7308
New Contributor II

QB Error 15104 typically occurs during a QuickBooks update and is often related to issues with the update process, such as network problems or software conflicts.

Steps to Resolve QB Error 15104:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your connection is stable.
  2. Restart QuickBooks: Close and reopen the application.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you're using the latest version. Go to "Help" > "Update QuickBooks."
  4. Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Firewall: These might block the update. Disable them briefly and retry the update.
  5. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the “Quick Fix my Program” tool.
  6. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your operating system is up-to-date.

If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sagodi7308
New Contributor II

QB Error 15104 typically occurs during a QuickBooks update and is often related to issues with the update process, such as network problems or software conflicts.

Steps to Resolve QB Error 15104:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your connection is stable.
  2. Restart QuickBooks: Close and reopen the application.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you're using the latest version. Go to "Help" > "Update QuickBooks."
  4. Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Firewall: These might block the update. Disable them briefly and retry the update.
  5. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the “Quick Fix my Program” tool.
  6. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure your operating system is up-to-date.

If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png