Failed Credit Card Transaction

Joslyn
New Contributor

Is there any reason to keep the "failed" credit card transactions, or is it okay to delete these? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

I keep them if there is not a successful one the same day. That way when they call, we can tell them, "yes, we see you tried, but it failed." I think it would be great if those would show up on the invoices. I actually have that as an idea already. Check it out if you think it is a good one. That way when their payment fails, we can send the invoice and they can see that their payment failed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AMA1776
New Contributor

I keep them in the accounting tab until I have collected all of the failed charges payments.   Just a personal preference.

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

I keep them if there is not a successful one the same day. That way when they call, we can tell them, "yes, we see you tried, but it failed." I think it would be great if those would show up on the invoices. I actually have that as an idea already. Check it out if you think it is a good one. That way when their payment fails, we can send the invoice and they can see that their payment failed. 

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I keep them all. Doesn't hurt anything, not visible to customer, and then we can trace it back and see who our repeat offenders are for failing to mobile capture the checks correctly.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions