How to Move Deposit $ from one Customer to a DIFFERENT customer ?

collinst
New Contributor II

Have a customer that sent in a deposit on work, then his builder called in for the same work, and it was billed under the builder.   Now builder owes us $$,  and the deposit is on the Customer account ?      Cant refund the customer and expect him to pay his builder -  that would be too easy !    I need to do this internally

3 REPLIES 3

collinst
New Contributor II

Thanks , I have that type, but was not sure I could use it between customers - I will try this now!

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

We have a "Transfer Payment" type. We use it for invoice to invoice and have had to use for situations like this before. In the memo we put Transfer from Invoice #... and in the other we put Transfer to Invoice #...   Then in the job notes, we can put why if there are any questions later. Only because the memo notes show up on the invoice and we like it clean.

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I'd create a payment type and a refund type both called "move payment." "Refund" the customer using the new refund type but don't actually cut a check. That will bring the customer balance to zero. Then apply a payment to the builder's account using the move payment type. In the memo you can put detail about the original payment (John Smith paid this but we are billing the builder) or something.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions