How to Use New Feature - Honor Estimate vs Charge True Time + Materials?

erinpbradley
Contributor

The ST-62 release notes mention that the along with the new Client-Specific Pricing Builder, there is a new feature that allows us to choose whether to honor an estimate price or update it with the actual time + materials cost. It links to this article to learn more, but I'm not seeing an explanation for how this works. Has anyone figured out how you choose between the two options on an invoice?

Sorry, if the answer is super obvious and I just haven't looked hard enough. 😬

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reneem
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am thinking you are talking about the "calculate" button. If you add a price in manually to a task, and it does not match what the formula for that task is, then it will tell you that you can calculate the price to make it match the formula.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

erinpbradley
Contributor

Ohhh, that is handy. I didn't realize that is what is was referring to. Sounded like some other box/button for Honor Estimate. Thanks!

reneem

I am thinking you are talking about the "calculate" button. If you add a price in manually to a task, and it does not match what the formula for that task is, then it will tell you that you can calculate the price to make it match the formula.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member