How to resolve Unable to Enter after the Fact Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop

chaladas346
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble entering after-the-fact payroll in QuickBooks Desktop. I’ve followed the usual steps to record payroll, but I’m encountering issues when trying to enter payroll data for previous periods. Specifically, I’m unable to get past certain prompts or the system is not allowing me to make entries for dates that have already closed.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so, could you provide some guidance on how to properly enter after-the-fact payroll? Are there specific settings or procedures I need to adjust to make this work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

haski23678
New Contributor II

If you're unable to enter after-the-fact payroll in QuickBooks Desktop, try these steps:

1. Verify Payroll Settings: Ensure your QuickBooks is set up to handle after-the-fact payroll.
  2. Check Date Range: Confirm the dates you’re entering fall within an open payroll period.
  3. Use Manual Entry: Navigate to the “Employees” menu, select “Enter Payroll Information,” and choose “After-the-Fact” to input payroll manually.
  4. Review Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to enter payroll data.
  5. Update Software: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.

If the issue persists, consult QuickBooks support for further assistance.

Intuit Helpline Number 1(800)-845-9666.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

haski23678
New Contributor II

If you're unable to enter after-the-fact payroll in QuickBooks Desktop, try these steps:

1. Verify Payroll Settings: Ensure your QuickBooks is set up to handle after-the-fact payroll.
  2. Check Date Range: Confirm the dates you’re entering fall within an open payroll period.
  3. Use Manual Entry: Navigate to the “Employees” menu, select “Enter Payroll Information,” and choose “After-the-Fact” to input payroll manually.
  4. Review Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to enter payroll data.
  5. Update Software: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.

If the issue persists, consult QuickBooks support for further assistance.

Intuit Helpline Number 1(800)-845-9666.png