Invoice Details - Customer Provided P.O.

emilybur
New Contributor II

There are a some cases where our customers have to provide us with a P.O. for a commercial membership sale/renewal. The only place to add this P.O. is under the invoice summary or under the task description itself. I think it would be nice to have a field where we can enter the customer P.O. under "update invoice details" or somewhere else on the invoice so that it has a designated location. When we send these to the customer, they reference that P.O. for their accounting and it just seems off having it under the invoice summary. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael21
Contributor III

Hi @emilybur and @PamDuffy-PCG.  Haven't used it myself but there is an option to add customer purchase order to your jobs and invoices.  To turn it on, go to Settings --> Operations --> Job bookings.  This should turn on the system's customer PO field, and I believe that it is even searchable.  Only reason we don't use it is everyone already became accustomed to adding it to notes and habits are impossible to correct.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael21
Contributor III

Hi @emilybur and @PamDuffy-PCG.  Haven't used it myself but there is an option to add customer purchase order to your jobs and invoices.  To turn it on, go to Settings --> Operations --> Job bookings.  This should turn on the system's customer PO field, and I believe that it is even searchable.  Only reason we don't use it is everyone already became accustomed to adding it to notes and habits are impossible to correct.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @emilybur , happy Friday! Have you heard about Custom Fields? You can add a custom field to Membership Records and even have this field appear on Membership Estimates & Invoices. Do you think this might work for you?  

PamDuffyPCG_0-1657911861535.png

More info here: https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/custom-fields

--

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert