Need your best suggestion - Invoice Dates

ChelseaTitan
Contributor

We are hitting a snag here.  For accounting reasons, we would like to see the date the invoice was actually sent via email, and/or, have the ability to re-age the invoice based upon the date the job was completed.

As it is now, the invoice date is automatically generated when the call is booked.  Because of booking calls ahead of time, and depending on the work, we need an accurate representation of when the invoice was sent, especially when it comes to liens and collections.

Do you have a workaround or suggestion?

p.s. I'm new to accounting, so be gentle.

Dispatch and Office Supervisor - Smelly Mel's Plumbing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Do you send invoices upon job completion? there is a backend config support can enable for you called "Prepopulate invoice date with job completion date". Upon job completion, the invoice date will automatically be set to the job completion date. Note: This feature only pre-populates the first job completion date. If the completion date is updated, then user will need to manually update the invoice date.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Do you send invoices upon job completion? there is a backend config support can enable for you called "Prepopulate invoice date with job completion date". Upon job completion, the invoice date will automatically be set to the job completion date. Note: This feature only pre-populates the first job completion date. If the completion date is updated, then user will need to manually update the invoice date.

Wonderful!  This is what I need.  Must I submit a request to have this toggled?

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I typically send an email to my CSM and he is super responsive and enables all the features within 24hrs

Thank you @Chayo80 ! 🙂

Chayo80

I have this feature enabled and it works. The only scenario where you will have to adjust  is when the tech completes the job and then a dispatcher adds an appointment. Then the invoice date has been set up and wont match the completion date unless done manually.