QBO connecting invoice & payment

charringtonPSB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We have a common service we provide that costs $299. If we are exporting all of those payments & invoices to QBO, how does the system know which ones apply accordingly? Am I doing something wrong?

In my mind, there would be some level of unique identifier thats fed to QBO so that it would know that this specific $299 payment applies to this specific $299 invoice.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Awww. Are you exporting to Undeposited funds? If not, I'd highly recommend. If yes, checkout this video and let me know if that doesn't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-auSY7OfHM

View solution in original post

TheChickenLady
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

payments export to undeposited funds, then pull the TSYS report in ST for credit cards or check capture if using Titan Payments.  Then, go into QB and make the deposits that match that reports settlements or checks and cash you took to your bank.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TheChickenLady

payments export to undeposited funds, then pull the TSYS report in ST for credit cards or check capture if using Titan Payments.  Then, go into QB and make the deposits that match that reports settlements or checks and cash you took to your bank.

charringtonPSB

@DianaK Thanks for the quick response! Im working with my team here to work through this so its a little bit of telephone. I misunderstood... it's actually: "The issue isn't the payment matching the invoice. It's the deposit in the bank matching the batched credit card or check deposits."

I remember taking some training about this in the Academy that deposits are vastly different with the invoicing process. Do you have any insight???

Awww. Are you exporting to Undeposited funds? If not, I'd highly recommend. If yes, checkout this video and let me know if that doesn't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-auSY7OfHM

DianaK
Contributor

As long as the payments are connected to an invoice, then the export will match based on Customer name and the invoice.